What is mama cloth, you ask? Well, if you are a male, I would suggest navigating away from this page about now. :)
Mama cloth is reusable cloth feminine products. Now, for those of you just now hearing about mama cloth, don't go scattering away just yet. Ever heard the saying, "Don't knock it until you've tried it?" Well, I challenge you, right now! Once you try it, you'll never go back to buying boxes and boxes of disposable feminine products again! (Keep reading... I'll have a chance for you to win some! So you might even be able to try it for FREE!)
Benefits of Mama Cloth
The benefits are going to be similar to the arguments for using cloth diapers. (And you know how I love using cloth diapers for my kids!)
- Better on your bank account! Seriously... this will save you some BIG bucks. Just think about how much you spend on disposable each month. (As with cloth diapers, it is a cost up front, but then you won't have to keep buying!)
- Better for your health! Cloth does not contain chemicals and bleach that disposable feminine products do.
- Better for the environment! You won't be throwing away plastic, paper, and chemicals continuously like you do with disposable products.
- Comfortable! Really. Wouldn't you rather be wearing cloth against your skin than paper, plastic, and harsh chemicals?
- It's not a new idea. What do you think they did BEFORE the era of chemically-ridden, processed EVERYTHING? Yes, they used reusable cloth.
- Easy to care for! Really... it's not "gross" or complicated like you may think when you initially hear of mama cloth. Just wash them with your regular laundry and you're good to go. And you can store soiled pads in a small wet bag (check out my Maxwell Designs wet bag review and giveaway!). Only restriction is: Do not use fabric softener, as that will prevent the fabric from being absorbent.
I am relatively new to mama cloth. So I have been looking around at different places to get mama cloth and I came across Caroline's Creations on Etsy!
I am excited to share Caroline's products with you! I was sent 2 medium pads to review. They are wonderfully made! The quality is high, and you can tell she really puts a lot of time into making a quality product. The fabric used is wonderfully soft... and this is a pretty important detail!
As noted in her shop, the pads are made up of "2 layers super soft flannel, 2 layers absorbent batting, all natural, no glues or resins, 1 layer decorative cotton, 1 layer (waterproof) PUL which fully lines the entire item, including wings - PUL not stitched through to prevent wicking)."
Different sizes for different types of women and different flows are available. Caroline's Creations can meet your needs, whatever they may be.
The pads also come available with wings (like the ones I received) with snaps. This doubles as a way for them to stay in place while you are wearing them, and also a way for you to fold up soiled pads to place in your wet bag.
I am also so pleased that Caroline's Creations offers nursing pads for breastfeeding mamas! Nursing pads are another type of product that it is extremely beneficial to use cloth, as opposed to disposable. With my first son, I used disposables and was ALWAYS having to run out and buy more! They were SO expensive! Not to mention... they were not soft and comfortable like cloth nursing pads are!
Want to WIN a set of 2 menstrual pads?!
How to Enter!
For each entry, you must leave 1 comment on this post.
You must leave your email address in each comment!
1a) Must be a follower of Mama Days blog!
1a) Must be a follower of Mama Days blog!
1b) Go to Caroline's Creations and tell me your favorite product!
(these are optional!!)
2. Like Caroline's Creations on Facebook!
(2 entries! leave a comment on her wall thanking her for the giveaway!)
3. Add Caroline's Creations to your etsy favorites!
(leave me your etsy name! 1 entry)
4. Like Mama Days on Facebook
(2 entries! leave me a comment on my wall letting me know you entered!)
5. Follow Mama Days on Twitter
6. Tweet about this giveaway!
(3 tweets per day allowed!
tweets must be at least 2 hours apart!
leave 1 comment below per tweet!
must leave tweet URL in comment!
Sample tweet: " Mama cloth review and giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/4mtglhf @missemmielou #giveaway")
7. Make a purchase from Caroline's Creations
(1o entries! I will verify that your purchase was made)
8. Blog about this giveaway!
(5 entries! leave me the URL of your blog post!)
9. Subscribe to Mama Days blog via email!
10. Enter any of my other giveaways!
(1 entry per giveaway entered!)
I was NOT compensated in ANY way for this review/giveaway! I was sent a sample product to review free of charge. My honest opinion was given!
Open to U.S. and Canada!
Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Winner will be chosen randomly out of valid entries, via random.org.
Winner will be emailed and has 48 hours to respond to my email before another winner is drawn.
Giveaway will end April 8, 2011!