Sunday, February 17, 2013

Preparing my heart this season of Lent


I am trying to prepare my heart for this adventure of this Lenten season. Part of my journey this season will be to try to lift my heart to God through music and prayer, specifically on the way to and from work. One way I have been doing that this week is by listening to JJ Heller in the car (I have 35 minutes each way in the car each day!).

These lyrics touched my heart on Friday...

"If life is like a flower
Am I doing all that’s in my power 
To leave a fragrance behind 
It’s time to count my blessings
Forget about my savings account for a while

When I leave I want to leave a memory filled with love 
The kind you don’t forget 
When I go I want to be known 
As one who lived with no regrets 

I want them to say
What a glorious day
She had so much to gain 
But she gave it away 
And I want them to see something different in me 
And that I’m going to be free"

One of my struggles is letting MONEY control my heart. (Or realistically, the LACK of money.) My disciplines this season will hopefully re-focus my heart on the things of God, hopefully leading to my FREEDOM! I want to be a woman of God, not a woman of the world, who worries about the temporary things of this world, and let's those things control my life and my major life decisions.

It will be a work on progress, but I wanted to share my heart with you